I don’t always have time (or the ingredients) to do the full chile verde recipe. So sometimes I do this extremely easy version. The great thing about recipes like this is that you can prepare them very quickly and still have a great meal. Even if you don’t have a lot of time, you can still impress!
Follow along as I show you just how easy Mexican food can be.
2 lbs. chicken, cubed
1 medium onion
3 cans chopped green chiles
salt to taste
Getting it Done:
1. Saute chopped onion and garlic (about 1 tablespoon) in olive oil until onion is transparent.
2. Add cubed chicken and brown.
3. Add green chiles and simmer for 15-30 minutes.
4. Add salt to taste (but not too much).
5. Serve with white rice and tortillas. Dress plate with a dollop of sour cream and perhaps a sprinkle of cheese over the chile.
That’s all there is to this one! Quick, painless and delicious. Try it out then let me know your thoughts in the comments below.
Until next time, remember to…
Play with your food!
Did you like this recipe? Was the video helpful? What recipes would you like to learn? Leave me a comment and tell me your thoughts! (And don’t forget to LIKE this post!) Share it using the tiles below.
Leave a Reply